Caffeine is a powerful stimulant and it makes us alert, focused, and productive. But have you ever wondered about how to “hack” your coffee? There are good ways to make coffee and bad ways, but I have found a different way to make a cup of Joe. I’ve written about Bulletproof coffee before, but I have a few minor adjustments that I’ve made to making this particular coffee.
To make Bulletproof coffee, you’ll need these items:
1. Coffee: Dave Asprey recommends his coffee (for obvious reasons), but you don’t have to use his coffee. You can use any K-cup coffee that you like or you can use any bag of coffee that you prefer.
2. MCT Oil: Again, Dave Asprey recommends you buy his, but I’ve found another MCT oil that works just as good. I use Now sports MCT oil.
3. Butter: There is no way around this one. You’re gonna need Kerrygold unsalted butter. Why? Because salted butter will make you puke, and unsalted butter is from cows that are grass-fed, not corn.
4. Blender: Any blender will do just fine, but I use the “Bullet.”
Disclaimer: Please know that trying this type of coffee blend will be different for everyone. Some will experience increased energy, decrease in hunger, etc. While others will not get any added benefits by drinking this particular coffee blend. My advice to you is find what works for you, and stick with it. There will be a trial and error with this process, but that’s the fun part. Finding out what works best for you and your lifestyle.
Here’s how to make “Bulletproof” coffee:
1. Brew coffee by K-cup method or through a coffee maker (approx. 8 0z.).
2. Put a tablespoon of unsalted butter in your coffee.
3. Add a tablespoon of MCT oil in your coffee with the butter.
4. Blend everything in a blender for 20-30 seconds.
5. Enjoy! You’ve just made a supercharged cup of coffee.
It’s always fun to try new things, and you never know what you may discover by doing so. If you end up trying this coffee out, please let me know in the comments section.